Friday, April 17, 2015

Prompt 3 | Quintin Faler

I felt amazing about the end of the series. I think the last chapters of the seventh book are so good you can’t even put it down. I think the whole battle of Hogwarts part is so entertaining and keeps you on the edge of your seat and you learn so much. I also love the epilogue, but I will get back to that in a moment. Characters definitely had changes in my mind by the end of the series. Dumbledore is a character that I loved in the beginning of the series and kind of started to dislike by the end of Half-Blood Prince. We all knew including Harry, that he knew more then what he was telling Harry and it was his vague-ness that made me very angry. He wanted Harry to save the word and defeat Voldemort but he was being less then clear most of the time. However, by the end of the seventh book I couldn’t help but love him again as he was talking to Harry in his head.
Snape is another character that changed for me. Snape was always so mean to Harry and his friends so obviously you hated him and come the end of the series you know why. To me, Snape’s story is really touching and I like it a lot and by the end I love him for his love of Lily. The fate of Snape actually makes me really sad and I wonder about a reality where Snape ended up with Lily.  I also love that we found out Petunia wanted to come to Hogwarts. This is one of my favorite parts in the book, oddly. It really shows why the way she is, perhaps she is someone who doesn’t handle rejection well and could never forgive the magical world for denying her so she took all her anger and jealously out on Harry.

Lastly, the epilogue. I loved it. I thought it really wrapped up the series well without going into another series of books that explain the rest of Harry’s life. The series was about Harry’s defeat of Voldemort, which we know he completes, and the epilogue gives us an extra peek into the rest of Harry’s life. We now know that all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.